This week I have been taking some time off from my commissions to research and explore new ideas for upcoming works.
This week I have been taking some time off from my commissions to research and explore new ideas for upcoming works. I have been working with different colour combinations looking for complementary colours and textures. Today I created a series of pieces using 'Aquamarine' as a base colour.
I find this colour quite challenging, because it doesn't combine well with others and the balance is really off when I take photographs, so I realised that using more muted tones could really help it to stand out and keep the palette calm around it. I found different approaches too, from watercolour to water-based paint, using a soft green under to create a gradient.
I am thinking about working on a series of Ocean pieces, and by making mood-boards and samples, l am able to visualise how I can develop this further.